• 20:02
  • Monday ,19 September 2016
العربية

Egypt follows up with Italy on probe into death of national run over by truck

TEST2

Home News

11:09

Monday ,19 September 2016

Egypt follows up with Italy on probe into death of national run over by truck

 Egypt has said it's mission in the Italian city of Milano has held intensive talks with Italian security officials on developments in the probe into an Egyptian national who was run over by a truck last week.

 
Abdel Salam Al-Sayed was killed in the northern city of Piacenza when a truck belonging to the company he worked for ran over him, the foreign ministry had said Friday.
 
The ministry added that it was notified of the death Thursday.
 
On Saturday, the ministry said in a statement that a delegation from the Egyptian consulate in Milano met with top general security officials in Piacenza to follow up on the latest developments in investigations into the death.
 
"Italian prosecutors are going forward with investigations after hearing accounts of Egyptian and Italian eyewitnesses," the ministry said. Investigators are reviewing videotapes from surveillance cameras that captured the incident for clues, it added.
 
Egypt's Consul General Ahmed Shahin pledged that Cairo will provide full support to the victim's family through all litigation stages.
 
The truck driver had been arrested and is being questioned by Italian prosecutors.